If you’re considering factory resetting your PC, you’ve come to the right place. Resetting your computer is a great way to get rid of excess clutter, wipe out any malicious malware, and restore it back to its original settings. In this blog post, we’ll be taking a look at how to factory reset your Windows 10 computer correctly and securely. Learn How to Factory Reset Pc Windows 10?
How to Factory Reset Pc Windows 10?
Step 1: Prepare for the Reset – Before you go ahead and start the process, it’s important that you take the necessary steps to ensure that all your data is backed up and ready to go. Here are some things you should do before starting:
- Make sure all of your important files are backed up in an external hard drive or cloud storage service. This includes documents, photos, music, and videos.
- Uninstall any applications that aren’t needed anymore. This will help free up space on your device and make the reset process quicker and easier.
- Check for any Windows updates that need installing – just in case there are any new features!
- Make sure you have a valid product key handy if you need one (you can find this in the packaging or on the bottom/back of your laptop).
Step 2: Start the Reset Process – Once all of these steps are taken care of, it’s time to begin the reset process! Here is what you need to do:
- Go into your computer settings by selecting “Settings” from the Start menu or typing “Settings” into Cortana Search bar (Windows 10)
- Select “Update & Security” > “Recovery” > “Reset this PC”
- Choose either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything.” Depending on which option you choose will determine whether or not all of your personal files are erased during the reset process.
Step 3: Finish Up! – You should now be ready for a fresh start with a clean slate! All that remains after completing these steps is for Windows 10 to finish setting up itself until completion – just follow any remaining instructions that appear onscreen until complete. And voila – easy as pie!
Resetting a Windows 10 PC is an excellent way to get rid of unwanted programs and get back some performance gains without having to reinstall every single component from scratch manually. Although it may seem daunting at first, as long as you remember to backup all of your important data beforehand it really isn’t too difficult – so don’t worry if you’re newbie when it comes to computers – anyone can do it with minimal effort! I hope this blog post has been helpful in guiding you through safely resetting your PC – good luck!